Being a parent isn’t easy. 50% of all abuses are caused by parents. Often parent’s own struggles, problems and stresses take over; things get out of hand and they end up hurting their children.
Some danger signs for parents to check themselves:
1. Have you felt out-of-control anger, and hit out at your child?
2. Have you told your child she’s ugly, stupid, useless, no good, not wanted or bad?
3. Have you threaten to hurt your child?
4. Have you felt isolated and wanting to lash out?
5. Have you taken out your stresses, bad moods and frustrations on your child?
If the above questions are applicable to you, seek immediate professional help.
Being a parent isn’t easy, but it should never be this hard to be a kid.